Megaphone: Surfer finds teeth in tide over a day later

terça-feira, 17 de fevereiro de 2009

Surfer finds teeth in tide over a day later

Surfer finds teeth in tide over a day later

Phillip Worth Pic: David Marshall
Crowning moment ... Phillip Worth is reunited his much-needed teeth. Pic: David Marshall
IT is a trillion to one story - and Phillip Worth is happy to have the teeth to tell it.

The 67-year-old was contemplating a miserable New Year’s Eve after losing his dentures while surfing at Terrigal on the northern New South Wales coast.

But 26 hours later his luck changed when he saw his pearly whites coming in with the tide.

“I was on my surfboard about 100m out and I sneezed, the next minute my top plate popped out and sank,” said Mr Worth.

He said he was reluctant to dive in after his plate as he didn’t know how deep the water was so he paddled disconsolately back to shore.

The next day Mr Worth decided to walk the length of the beach, hoping against hope that he would find his teeth.

“I looked through all the rubbish but I didn’t spot them.

“But when I got to a small channel, exactly where I had gone out the day before, I suddenly saw my teeth wash in with the tide, and then go out again.

“A woman was standing close by and I said ‘excuse me miss, I think those are my teeth’.

She said, ‘I think you’re right’.”

Mr Worth jumped into the water and managed to grab them.

Mr Worth immediately went to the newsagency and bought a scratchie - it won $30.

To read more go to the Northern District Times

Nenhum comentário: